INCITS Seeks Additional US Experts for INCITS/IoT10, US TAG to JTC 1/WG 10 on Internet of Things (IoT)
The InterNational Committee for Information Technology Standards (INCITS) is coordinating US efforts to ISO/IEC JTC 1/WG 10 on Internet of Things (IoT) and seeks additional US experts to join the US TAG or mirror committee, INCITS/IoT10.
Program of Work
JTC 1/WG 10 on Internet of Things (IoT) was established at the November 2014 JTC 1 Plenary with the following terms of reference:
- Serve as a focus of and proponent for JTC 1’s IoT standardization program.
- Develop foundational standards for IoT related to JTC 1 for guiding IoT efforts throughout JTC 1 upon which other standards can be developed.
- The work will cover:
- Developing Terms and Definitions for JTC 1 IoT Vocabulary
- Developing IoT Reference Architecture and other foundational specifications as JTC 1 standards
- Continuing the work begun in SWG on IoT on standardization gaps
- Establishing a liaison with JTC 1, ISO, IEC or other entities undertaking work related to IoT
- Encouraging the prompt and efficient exchange of information within JTC 1 and with ISO, IEC, or other entities working on IoT, as appropriate
- Monitoring the ongoing IoT regulatory, market, business and technology requirements
- Developing other IoT standards that build on the foundational standards when relevant JTC 1 subgroups that could address these standards do not exist or are unable to develop them.
Meetings - Report, Recommendations and Agenda for Upcoming Meeting
The most recent JTC 1/WG 10 meeting was held 9-13 May 2016 in Berlin, Germany (see the meeting report and recommendations). The next JTC 1/WG 10 meeting will be held 5-9 September 2016 in Busan, Korea (see the draft agenda).
Current Projects - JTC 1/WG 10 is currently working on the following projects and technical contributions from US experts are needed to improve and progress the drafts:
- Committee Draft of ISO/IEC 20924, Information technology - Internet of Things - Definition and Vocabulary
- Working Draft of ISO/IEC 30141, Information technology - Internet of Things Reference Architecture (IoT RA)
- (Approved) Proposal for a New Work Item on Information technology - Internet of Things (IoT) - Interoperability for internet of things systems - Part 1: Framework
- Proposed Initial Working Draft Text of ISO/IEC 21823-1, Information technology - Internet of Things (IoT) - Interoperability for internet of things systems - Part 1: Framework
How to Join - US experts interested in participating on the US TAG to JTC 1/WG 10 on Internet of Things may contact Jennifer Garner, Director of INCITS Standards Programs (email@example.com) or can request membership on INCITS/IoT10 using the on-line INCITS membership application: https://standards.incits.org/kcpm/signup